Home / Thai Marriage Laws / Thai Retirement

Thai Retirement

Thailand retirement visa is the common term for Non-Immigrant OA-Long Stay Visa. This type of visa is valid for single entry or multiple entries and entitles the holder for a one year stay in Thailand. It is renewable every year and can be processed inside Thailand.

What is a Thai Retirement?Thai Retirement 

The Thai retirement visa application can be processed from the country of origin or inside Thailand.

All documents required should be submitted to the Thai Embassy or Thai consulate in your country of origin.

For applications in your home country:

All documents required should be submitted to the Thai Embassy or Thai consulate in your country, although not all Thai embassies or consulates can issue this type of visa.

For applications and extensions inside Thailand:

You are required to apply for the 90-day initial Non-Immigrant visa from the Thai Embassy or consulate from your country of origin before applying for a retirement visa in Thailand. You have to be in Thailand for 60 days before you can apply for the retirement visa at the immigration office, or you must be on the last 30 days on your present permit to stay in Thailand. Proof of address is also required.

You must complete the requirements and submit all documents, supporting material, and your completed application form.

Please note that not all Consulates or Thai Embassies are capable in supplying the Thai Retirement visa.

Immigration Tips

One is advised to apply for a multiple entry visa if there is a possibility of leaving Thailand several times. The 90-day reporting may be done up to 14 days before or 7 days after your reporting date. There is a financial penalty for late reporting. Your 90-day reporting date will remain of the same process even after renewing your retirement visa.

Check Also

Marriage Registration

Marriage Registration

Marriage registration is explained below. In order to get married in Thailand as a foreigner …